If you have a fireplace, you need to take good care of it by regularly cleaning it. At A Noble Sweep, we have an experienced team that can provide fireplace cleaning service We can schedule you for semi-annual or annual cleanings, but there may be other times when it needs cleaning. To prevent needing professional cleaning more than twice a year, there are some things you can do yourself to help.
Make Sure the Fireplace is Cool
Before attempting any cleaning, make sure at least 12 hours have passed since the last use. Drop cloths are wise to protect the area. Always wear a dust mask and gloves when cleaning the fireplace. Other tips include:
- Remove dry soot first with a small hand broom and shovel.
- Sweep all the surfaces, including the irons and grates.
- Clean grates and irons, outside if possible, dish soap.
- A hand broom works great on heavier deposits.
- Vacuum up any dust
- Wet clean with a solution of 3 tablespoons of TSP, 1/2 cup bleach, a quart of hot water.
- A mixture of half and half white vinegar and water to clean glass doors
These are just some simple steps that can help keep your fireplace in good condition between professional cleanings. And when you need us, we are here to provide fireplace cleaning service. Contact us at (504) 370-9157. You can also email us at email@example.com